Sunday, January 31, 2016

Generations
When I consider all my progeny
and what I mean to them,
¼ and they to me,
I am caused to pause and ponder
    the extent of my extended family tree.
Back through myriad generations
    to Father Adam; ¼ Mother Eve;
    we must have known
¼ and loved each other
    in a world we cannot now perceive.

And, if forebears back to Eden

    can be thusly tied to me,
    how can I doubt
    the same is true
    of my posterity to be?
The veil permits the barest glimpse
    of what familial joys we’ll see
    when Celestial Generations join
    in that one last vast reunion
    scheduled for Eternity.

   ©Robert Lynn Brown 3/29/03

       It is as startling as it is obvious that I have hundreds, if not thousands, of ancesters going back to Adam and Eve,  as well as generations of posterity yet to be born.  It seems likely that I may have always known them all -- except during this brief period that I am spending on this earth.
       When I consider the power of the love that ties me to those both above and below me that I have been blessed to know during this finite mortal state, I can't stop wondering about what ties I will have with all the others when I go back to where they are.
       How exciting it is to think that there will be no finite limitations on the truly unconditinal love that will bind us to one another and to the Savior in the celestial realm which the Atonement of Christ makes possible for  us!


No comments:

Post a Comment