Saturday, October 17, 2015

         CONSECRATION – Consecration begins with the offering of a broken heart and a contrite spirit.  It is not the equivalent of being religious.  The people who killed Jesus and those who bombed the World Trade Center on 9/11 were religious to a fanatical degree.  The consecrated person will serve the Lord, the church, and/or his fellowmen at the earliest inconvenience.  Tithing is a baby step in the direction of consecration.  

TITHINGA Pleiades Trilogy

Ten percent of our increase is
The
Tithe
That God requests.
This is to the
True Christian, a fundamental
Test.

The money is not the real issue.  He could grow money on
Trees, or the
Treasures of gold in the earth He could
Take at His ease.  To
Tithe is to show Him that we do believe; that we
Trust Him to open the Window of Heaven and give more
Than we can receive, or conceive.

“This is my promise.
Test me herewith."  He says: "Test my power
To love and to bless.” And
Those who have
Tithed under financial stress are
They who bear witness to God’s
True largesse!
         (c) Robert Lynn Brown


A truly consecrated person has learned to orient all that he/she does in the direction of contributing to the glory of God.  "And if it be that your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things."  (D&C 88:67)  

How can anyone in his rightmind resist an offer like that?


CONSECRATION

The Lord would have me pledge
to Him, with willing heart,
my talents and my time, my life,
and all my means impart;

should all of this--or any part--
be called for to support His Plan
for the rescue and redemption
of the race of fallen man.

He seldom asks more than a tenth
of what we covenant to Him
to build his Kingdom here on earth;
yet He reserves his title to my life and limb.

And though I render all of this,
And more, >tis but a start.
For these are merely stepping stones
toward the throne where I will offer up
... my broken heart!
(C) Robert Lynn Browm







            

No comments:

Post a Comment